Kenzie's Helper App

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Kenzie, Feb 23, 2019.

?

Yes?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. All of the above

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenzie

Expand Collapse

Undergraduate Computer Engineering Major
    Howdy, my name is Mackenzie Brown and I am a 19-year-old 2nd semester freshman computer engineering major at the University of Memphis. My Minecraft username is KenzieB and I am applying for the position of helper. If you need to contact me, please feel free to dm me at my discord: Kenzie#2385.

Allow me to tell you a little about myself. Some things I enjoy doing in my free time are playing video games, listening to 2nd generation classic rock, playing D&D, coding in Java, and being a representative of the video game club at my school. The two things I enjoy most about the legend of Zelda series are the music and the gameplay. I have always been a stickler for music in multimedia experiences so when a video game series exists this long and has had music of high and unwavering quality for so long, I take notice and appreciate it. In addition, the gameplay of the series has kept me coming back to play new installments. The puzzle solving and fighting always seem to leave a lasting impression on me whenever I finish a Zelda game and I hope to help incorporate aspects of the series’ good design into Zelda Verse. Lastly, I have been a staff member before as I was a moderator on Zelda Craft for around a year or two before leaving. I gained the knowledge and ability necessary to perform the duties of a staff member such as being vigilant both on the forums and in game, giving fair and unbiased punishments, and deep understanding of core protect and how to utilize it.

Now for the bread and butter of the application. When it comes to what I can offer to Zelda Verse I can confidently say that my mod experience from zc will transfer well to here even though this server is entirely different. Most of the plugins are shared and the rules are similar in nature albeit more specific. In the past I have run and moderated multiple clubs in my life including the video game club I mentioned before and a Nintendo club I ran at my high school for 4 straight years. I hope I can bring this experience of running organizations to Zelda Verse as well. In addition, as I am sure the owner is aware, I have some experience with Java which may prove useful as I can learn to build custom plugins for the server. Now all of this might seem like more then I need for the helper job, however I hope that I can still utilize the skills I have. And maybe even take them on to a bigger position.

Truth time. I have never used a hacked client or even thought about downloading one. Not only do I not trust what else might get through if the client is downloaded, but I disapprove of using hacks in a way that gains the user an advantage in a multiplayer experience. I have never been banned before either in any game, nor have I done anything to deserve punishment of that magnitude for that matter. Seeing as I am currently applying for the lowest position possible, I will either not get the job or get it. According to my Minecraft statistics I have played on the server for 16.8 hours, however I am pretty sure I have a longer play time then that on the server. I do not know another way to check so if you can check how many I have been on then please be my guest.

Now for some thoughts on how I would act as a mod. If say, someone was spamming the chat on the sever then this is the course of action I would take. First, I must check if they are breaking any rules by doing what they are doing, which they are, as it breaks both rules 1 and 4. Now that the crime has been established, I can begin to do my job. First, I will ask them kindly to stop via chat. If they do not, then I will proceed to mute them with /mute (Player name) (time) for 5 minutes as a warning. If they continue after that then I will take more drastic measures and use /jail to send them to jail for 15 minutes. If they return from their time in jail (I assume after either waiting 3 turns or rolling doubles) and are still spamming, then I will use /kick along with a message telling them what they are doing wrong. If the spammer returns at this point and has not gotten it through their thick skull that they are breaking the rules, then I will proceed to /tempban them for a day. At that point if they return and continue then I will go ahead and decide they probably should not be on the server and permanently ban them. If a player is acting disrespectful then I would follow basically the same course of actions except depending on how disrespectful they are being, I can give stricter punishments.

That is about it, thank you for taking the time to read this app and I hope that you consider me for a position to help the server. Have a nice day.

Majora likes this.
  2. Makar

Mod
    Staff Member Mod
    Expand Collapse

Honorary Musician For The Great Deku Tree
    Hmmm....let me think about this.....YES PLEASE! Not only are you great to have around, but I feel that you have more than every quality a helper should need. I can't think of a reason not to say yes just based on this app. For me, it's an easy yes!

Kenzie and Majora like this.
  3. Sky

Sky
    Expand Collapse

Supervisor
    Home Page:
    Easy yes. From being on ZC I saw you in action. We need that here; welcome aboard! :)

4. Majora

Mod
    Staff Member Mod Mask Deity
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the crew, Kenzie!
    [​IMG]

Kenzie likes this.
  5. Rolesi

Mod
    Staff Member Mod
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard, Kenzie!

Kenzie likes this.
  6. Linebeck

Captain
    Staff Member Captain
    Expand Collapse

Minecraft account: Linebeck
    Captain
    Home Page:
    You daring enough to join my crew eh? Ill give you a shot. Swab the deck first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.