My thoughts on the Sonic Trailer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Majora, May 24, 2019.

1. Majora

Mod
    Staff Member Mod Mask Deity
    Expand Collapse

On April 30, Paramount Pictures finally released a trailer for the Sonic the Hedgehog movie that will be released on November 8. This trailer has then gone viral and has been the subject of many videos. However, the trailer wasn't taken that well with most Sonic fans... sonic_go_fast_meme-thumb-autox878-210808.jpg
    For me though, I am honestly looking very forward to this movie for a few reasons.
    1: Sonic is getting a redesign. Sure, it could be for the worse. But the fact that they are actually LISTENING to the fans means that they could possibly be listening to the fans with how Sonic should be designed as well. Best case scenario: [​IMG]
    and besides his design, Sonic's voice and personality is spot on. Plus, MatPat did this whole video explaining how the Sonic Movie's Sonic is the most accurate:

2: Jim Carrey as Robotnik. Almost all of us loved Jim Carrey as Robotnik. His personality was spot on and it makes sense to have him have an ego that rivals Linebeck himself! Some do complain though that he doesn't look like Robotnik until that ending scene in the trailer (that is possibly the end-credits scene). But the reason of why he doesn't look like Robotnik yet is because this is a prequel to the Sonic franchise. He hasn't been to Mobius yet (assuming that's what Sonic's planet is called in this movie) and it's pretty clear that, when we see Robotnik in his true form, we see him in Mobius or more specifically Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic & Knuckles.

3: Just the cool Sonic references and jokes. The Sonic trailer has a few neat references to the first Sonic game. My favorite one being the portal ring. Though not many caught it, that is a reference to the Portal Rings in the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis where you can go to a bonus level to get a Chaos Emerald if you have 50 rings or more. Jim Carrey is very hilarious in this movie and I couldn't help but laugh at that child abduction joke at the end.

So yeah....though most of the Sonic fanbase probably won't see this movie (or will to see how much of a train wreck it's gonna be), I am just gonna be there to enjoy it and laugh my mask off.

And thus the discussion of the Sonic movie has begun in the forums.

2. Majora

Mod
    Expand Collapse

UPDATE! Sonic movie is delayed till February 14 2020 and it would appear that Sonic will have gloves.

3. Linebeck

Captain
    Staff Member Captain
    Expand Collapse

Minecraft account: Linebeck
    Captain
    Home Page:

Need I say anymore?

4. Makar

Mod
    Staff Member Mod
    Expand Collapse

Honorary Musician For The Great Deku Tree
    They better fix his teeth, that’s what bothers me the most

Majora likes this.
  5. Majora

Mod
    Expand Collapse

Well, 1. technology wasn't as good back then.
    2. Mario came out pretty recently at that time
    3. The directors constantly argued each other and changed the script EVERY single day (almost).